Firmware Update Instructions
1. Download the firmware update file “K_FW.bin”
2. Copy “K_FW.bin” to your TF card and be sure to put the file under root directory
3. Keep pressing and holding the SELECT button and switch on your device’s Power switch
4. You will see the following message shown on the screen:
New firmware loaded.
B: Abort & test firmware
START: Update firmware to SPI
5. Press “START” button to update Or Press “B” button to quit and test the new firmware
6. If you choose “START”, you will see the following message:
7. When finished, please switch off and then power on your device again.
8. Everything should be done now.
(9. If something wrong, repeat the update procedure again.)
1. The new firmware update procedure is now brick-proof.
That is to say you can re-flash your device following above procedure again once you encounter some problem
(Say low battery or turn off the device when updating.) You can also go back to older version if you want.
2. This update is only valid for Maxzhou88’s K1 device. Please check your PID on the HELP page of main page:
(Using L/R to navigate to pages on main screen)
1. Feature added: Support TXT file ( UTF-8 format)
2. Feature added : Game Guide supported. Learn how to kill the monsters ? Read the guide on the fly.
Just Put XXX.GBA.TXT or XXX.ZIP.TXT under the same directory where your games are.
3. Bug fixed : Cheat code can be set before game loading. (For 32MB Games, you need to set cheat codes BEFORE loading games)
4. Bug fixed : “Gunstar Super Heroes” Rotation and background bugs –This may fix other games ( if any) with related bugs too! 🙂
5. MP3 playback : backlight level now can be toggled ON or OFF.
6. Change LCD display mode to : 4:3 / 3:2 (Previously : 320X240 / 320X212)
7. Hotkey changed : “* + L” = go back to main UI, now pressing B will go back to Game, Not going back to the menu.
8. Support more Chinese Han-Hua ROMs that can not save.
1. Battery status enhanced
2. Files are sorted now (by name)
3. Store user settings like backlight, TV system, scaling … etc into SPI so users don’t need to set it again
4. Add many options to let users can configure how the device behave (splash screen, downcount to sleep…)
5. Modified OPTIONS:
a. Save setting
b. Add new settings : key sound, key delay, splash screen and power on Screen
6. UI Key sound set to mute by default
7. “*” button to turn off back light in MP3 playback mode
8. Enhance robustness when pressing “*+START” for game save